Monday, 21 January 2013

Marathon training


Just a quick blog to let you know what I got up to this weekend (19/01/13). So I set my first ever new year resolution take part in three endurance events that will test me. This will give me extra motivation to get really fit and loose this bloody beer belly. The first event I have planned is a marathon round Loch Katrine on the 10th of March. I have never done any long distance running before so this should be a good start of the year test for me.



 Any way I have been training everyday since the 5th of this month and have already lost a stone in weight. This weekend I wanted to get a bit extra training in and on Saturday I did a 5 mile run along the canal and Callander park followed by a session on my mountain bike with my little sister and finished off by an hour of badminton with my dad. (Dad hammered me!) That night I was talking about wanting to do a bigger run the next day so my dad suggested running from my house (Falkirk) to my auntie’s house in Balerno Edinburgh. Along the canal, 25.5 miles. I was up for it even though I had never run more than 13 miles. Next morning at 11o'clock we headed off me running my dad following on my bike. The run went no problem until we reached Broxburn (15ish miles) and then my ankles started giving up. Probably just not used to this distance.


 I eventually stopped outside Ratho, a modest 20.5 miles from my house. Not bad for my first attempt at running longer distances. My ankles took a day to recover but I was happy with my performance. I will keep the blog updated with my training.






No comments:

Post a Comment